Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Using Conditioner for Shaving Cream

Have you ever had conditioner that didn't work on your hair, or that you just didn't like for whatever reason? What did you end up doing with it?

Generally, the options would be to either throw it away, give it away, or (especially if you paid good money for it) use it anyway. Well, here is another option: Use your conditioner for shaving cream. No, you don't need shaving cream or gel from a can to get a good shave. Try this; it works!

A Life Unprocessed

I've been shaving with conditioner that I was given, and it works perfectly. It provides a creaminess, rinses easily away, and moisturizes. I keep the conditioner in a small tub that I can easily scoop what I need from while shaving, and refill as needed. It's as simple as that.

I also discovered I can easily shave at the sink, rather than in the shower, which saves water. I just use a washcloth to wet the area before shaving and wipe away the conditioner after.

A Life Unprocessed

Shaving with your conditioner provides an elegant solution for conditioners that don't work great for your hair, and might be a better option for your skin than whatever you've been using to shave with. Conventional cans of chemical shaving creams and gels create endless waste, but the bottles conditioners come in can generally be recycled. It takes just a small scoop to provide coverage, so one bottle lasts a long time.

If you're interested in going shampoo and conditioner free, check out my articles on using simple household staples to get super clean hair: How My Family Went Shampoo Free, and Still Shampoo Free.

Below are Amazon Affiliate Ads. Any purchase made through them helps support our family, without any additional expense to you. Thanks in advance!

Share the article to support the site!

Other Articles

Using Conditioner for Shaving Cream
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Get up to date articles the second they come out!