Thursday, June 7, 2012

Roasted Asparagus With Mushrooms & Bacon

Roasted Asparagus With Mushrooms & Bacon

This super quick, healthy, grain free dinner is so tasty, and smells amazing while it's roasting. I've been making it a couple of times a week lately, with all variety of vegetables. It's a great way to make any vegetables palatable to my children. They LOVE this meal! 

I use half of a pack of nitrate-free bacon, so each package makes two meals, and each time I make it I use whatever vegetables will roast up nicely together. Tonight, it's asparagus & mushrooms! Other great combos I've made include broccoli & garlic, cauliflower & carrots, and potato & onion.


chopped bacon

First, chop the bacon. I generally prefer using scissors for meat; they're just easy to handle and then there's no cutting board to wash. Using half the bacon from a 1 lb package, separate the slices just so they're not stuck together, then bundle them and cut into 1/2" pieces, directly into a deep baking dish. Mine is about 8" x 13" x 2". Break up any clumps a bit so the bacon is spread evenly.

Bake in a 375 degree oven while you prep the veggies. If you're partial to crispy bacon, you might want to let the bacon brown just a bit before you add the vegetables, since the asparagus & mushrooms will cook relatively quickly. If you're using potatoes, they will need to cook just about as long as the bacon.

chopped asparagus

Remove the ends from 1 lb of asparagus. Instead of using a knife, you can hold each stalk with two hands and snap the bottom off. It should break off the tough ends at just the right place. Chop the stalks into about 1" lengths.

chopped mushrooms

Quarter one 6 oz tub of mushrooms. Use portabellas, button, or whatever mushrooms you prefer. Add all the sliced veggies to the bacon, and stir to combine.

Roasted Asparagus With Mushrooms & Bacon

Bake for about 10 minutes, until your veggies are tender. Stir a couple of times during cooking so it cooks evenly and the flavors mix. There won't be any leftovers ;)


Roasted Asparagus With Mushrooms & Bacon

Below are Amazon Affiliate Ads. Any purchase made through them helps support our family. Thanks in advance!

Share the article to support the site!

Other Articles

Roasted Asparagus With Mushrooms & Bacon
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Get up to date articles the second they come out!

35 comments

Write comments
avatar
June 7, 2012 at 3:07 PM

oh, yum!! this looks delish!! and so easy to make, I'm putting this on the menu for next week, thanks for sharing it!

Reply
avatar
June 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

this sounds awesome! I am so making it :)

Reply
avatar
Annie
June 8, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Lovely! My kind of dish. I bet you could even substitute some kind of sausage for the bacon just for variety. I'm hungry now!

Reply
avatar
June 8, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Already follower GFC but I just subscribed via email from Feed my friday hop. Your recipe looks yum!

http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com

Reply
avatar
June 8, 2012 at 7:41 AM

Oh yeah, sausages would be nice!

Reply
avatar
June 11, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Roasted mushrooms are good for health !!

Reply
avatar
June 11, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Wow, such a simple meal and yet I'm certain the flavor combination would be delicious. Will be making this for lunch tomorrow. Thanks!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
June 12, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Looks delish!! I cant wait to try this!! Thanks for sharing!

Reply
avatar
June 12, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Yum, yum, YUM! This looks so good!!! {I might be drooling} Adding this to my menu plan! Thanks for sharing at Living Green link-up!

Reply
avatar
June 12, 2012 at 2:20 PM

This sounds delicious! I love roasted veggis, and the bacon makes it even better.

Reply
avatar
June 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Easy and yummy--my favorite combination!

Have you considered sharing this on the asparagus Recipe Round Up at Gnowfglins? I'm just a regular reader there, but think your dish would be a welcome addition.

In case you'd like to check it out, here's the link: http://gnowfglins.com/2012/06/08/asparagus-seasonal-recipe-round-up/#

Reply
avatar
June 12, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Thanks for letting me know about that seasonal recipe roundup!

Reply
avatar
June 13, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Yumminess! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe at Thrifty Thursday. I love how versatile it is and look forward to trying it!

Reply
avatar
June 14, 2012 at 7:43 AM

Looks delish n quick n easy..thanks for sharing!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
June 14, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Always looking for new ways to cook fresh asparagus. This looks divine!

Reply
avatar
July 2, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Yummy!!! We'd love for you to share this at our party! http://housewivesofriverton.blogspot.com/2012/06/recipe-round-up-23.html

Reply
avatar
July 4, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Great combination of ingredients.

I found you via Whole Food Wednesday. I linked in a post about spicy mince lettuce cups. Have a great week.

Reply
avatar
July 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM

This looks so yummy! We love asparagus and this recipe sounds amazing. Can't wait to try this one! We appreciate you linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

Reply
avatar
September 4, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I have tweeted and repinned this recipe :) YUM. Thanks for linking up at Gluten Free Fridays, I hope to see you this week :)

Reply
avatar
September 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Oh that looks good! Love for you to link this recipe (and a couple others if you'd like!) to Wonderful Food Wednesday at http://www.athometake2.com. Hope to see you there!

Reply
avatar
January 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Wow! That may be the most awesome thing I have ever seen. I love the grow your own mushrooms thing.
And nothing like making some fresh mushroom risotto straight from your own mushroom garden, huh? Very nice.

cubensis spore syringe

Reply
avatar
April 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com


Reply
avatar
May 9, 2013 at 12:52 PM

This looks great...thanks for sharing! This would be perfect to link-up to my new series - "Create It Thursday." It's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/05/create-it-thursday-1.html

Reply
avatar
May 9, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Yum, this looks so tasty! I don't know why, but with this pregnancy I have been craving strawberries and asparagus (not together!) big time! I will definitely be giving this a try!

Reply
avatar
June 11, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I was just looking for a new spin on asparagus! Putting this recipe into the mix this week. Thank you. Appreciate you including the photos per step too. :) Visiting from Fluster Buster.

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
June 12, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Wow, what a great way to serve asparagus! Asparagus season is almost at an end here and I'm trying to enjoy as much as possible while I can get it locally grown. Always looking for new ways to serve on of my favourite vegetables! Looks delicious!

Stopping by from Fluster's Creative Muster Party! (If you have a chance, stop by and check out the Potato Salad I've linked up, #139)

Reply
avatar
June 18, 2013 at 4:45 AM

I don't know why I've never thought to do this with asparagus before! I love using it with green beans. My favorite is to use brussel sprouts and also chop up an apple and roast it all together.

Reply
avatar
June 19, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Brussel sprouts with apple sounds so good!

Reply
avatar
July 13, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Hi Mellow,
I just love roasted vegetables and the bacon will sure add some special flavor. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great summer weekend and come back to see me real soon!
Miz Helen

Reply
avatar
August 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

I really wish I had everything to make this yummy recipe right now! Thanks for linking up to The Weekend re-Treat Link Party on The Best Blog Recipes!

Wanted to stop by and Pin your post to my Link Party Recipes/Crafts board while I was here tonight!

Shauna
http://thebestblogrecipes.com/

Reply
avatar
August 13, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Oh, my, what a great combination of ingredients! This would be a good lunch dish, too. Thank you for sharing with Fabulously Frugal Thursday!

Reply
avatar
September 7, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Yum! My daughter said she needed to have this! Thanks for sharing on Tuesday Greens!

Reply